Tether has the same features and benefits can also be freely used on TRON. There are many varieties of Tether, TRC20 being a lesser but still one of the primary standards of USDT. Bitcoin’s and Ethereum’s standards are more prominent, but the TRON blockchain offers many different advantages that Tether holders could immensely profit and benefit from.
Without further ado, let’s describe all parts of this combination in detail.
What is Tether?
Tether (USDT) is a stablecoin, the most popular of such cryptocurrencies and one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in general. It constantly remains in the top 5 cryptocurrencies by popularity, market capitalization, and trading volume. There are many good reasons for acquiring it, as well.
Stablecoins are cryptocurrencies that possess many of the same qualities and strengths as regular coins. The only difference is that these currencies are pegged to the value of a fiat currency. In this case, Tether is pegged to the value of the American Dollar, meaning that it always trades 1:1 to USD.
For this reason, Tether offers a representation of the value of USD on the blockchain, next to other, more volatile cryptocurrencies. There is an obvious advantage in this model, providing a bridge between fiat money and decentralized networks. That’s one of the many reasons this currency is so popular.
It has many applications — it can be used for various purchases, decentralized finances, gambling, apps, social media, and regular trading. It is valuable, precisely because of its unchanging value. That value is supported by a reliable, stable collection of funds and stocks.
USDT doesn’t have its own independent blockchain. In its time, the currency was issued on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and, of course, TRON.
What is TRC20?
TRC20 is the standard followed by all tokens issued on the TRON blockchain. To be issued on a blockchain, the currency has to follow a set of principles and rules, to ensure smooth interaction with the infrastructure. A subset of USDT called Tether TRC20 is also present in the system, allowing it full admission to the TRON network.
For these reasons, Tether can be used (in this form) to enjoy the many practical parts of the TRON experience. That includes:
- Availability in TRON wallets. Tether is available on many TRON-based crypto wallets.
- Presence on TRON exchanges. Tether is always one of the primary tradeable currencies on TRON-based exchanges.
- TRON dApps. Decentralized apps (dApps) are one of TRON’s specialties, being a smart contracts blockchain. Thus, the development and use of these applications are possible with Tether.
TRON offers a vast ecosystem where a currency like Tether would come in handy. It’s full of opportunities, and this standard itself has plenty of ingrained advantages. Let’s now talk about them, as well as how Tether fits into this picture.
Tether TRC20 benefits
The Tether TRC20 variety allows this currency access to the TRON blockchain, a popular network that works on smart contracts. It’s not one of the big networks, but it’s still worth checking out. It’s similar in principle to Ethereum, developed with several comparable qualities in mind:
- Low fees. The TRON blockchain is supposed to be cheaper than Bitcoin and even Ethereum, reducing the costs it takes to operate transactions here and increasing the cost-efficiency of doing business here.
- Scalability. TRON possesses a higher degree of scalability, meaning that it can be used to grow your operations without much hindrance from the system. It can process much larger volumes at a time compared to Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Smart contracts. Smart contracts weren’t a new concept when TRON came out. Ethereum came up with it, but TRON also offers a good take on this technology, allowing the creation of stable, reliable dApps and complex, automated orders.
- Interoperability. TRON’s structure is designed to be highly compatible with other blockchains. It means that operations between blockchains are done much easier, improving the flow of funds between participants in different parts of the crypto economy.
These advantages are all part of the TRON experience, and Tether TRC20 can be used on TRON as smoothly as any other token on this platform. It enjoys the same advantages and opportunities. At the same time, the currency retains its core strength, such as stability, predictability, and hard-backed value.
As such, moving Tether from other blockchains to TRON doesn’t take nearly as much effort as moving it from Bitcoin to Ethereum, for instance. That’s hugely beneficial because restricting yourself to just one chain strips you of many wonderful possibilities — especially considering that TRON is a fast-growing environment.
It has its disadvantages, such as the relatively small size of this network and the lower count of big projects (again, compared to other networks). Still, there’s a lot to do on TRON, and Tether is a very beneficial currency for such activities. For instance, if you want to operate dApps, then a combination of Tether ERC20 and Tether TRC20 will be a good choice.
Tether TRC20 is a good instrument for many uses, but it’s essentially a manifestation of Tether on the TRON blockchain. It doesn’t have any inherent advantages over the other subsets of this currency, although the network it was issued in has plenty to offer for crypto enthusiasts of all stripes.