NixMoney is a payment system that supports fiat and digital currencies and also operates on the TOR network ("onion routing", providing an anonymous network connection). The system supports several time-tested cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Litecoin. NixMoney has been operating since 2013 and is in great demand among users who value anonymity and security. There is an affiliate program for additional earnings.
NixMoney positions itself as the "cyber currency of the future". Key features that distinguish the service from competitors:
- Fixed transaction fee — 0.5%, but not less than $0.01/€0.01 (data as of mid-2023). If the commission is fractional, it is rounded in favour of the client.
- Instant and secure transactions. Transfer time — up to 0.40 s. Delays or loss of funds are excluded. This is due to the presence of a special service for processing transactions.
- Easy integration and adaptation of other platforms with NixMoney using a unified API. When confirming transactions, the mechanism makes several attempts lasting up to ten seconds to verify the validity. You can accept user payments, send automatic payments, and track financial analytics using the API.
- Comfortable interface for users and companies, intuitive functionality.
- Defence against double-spend attack. Through the system, it is possible to pay one payment order only once. In this case, the MD5 checksum is calculated by an autonomous mechanism.
The clusters on which the service operates are distributed geographically. The platform will continue to function even if ⅓ of the clusters fail. And if any error occurs in the system, it will instantly roll back to a healthy state.
NixMoney runs on the Java platform. This gives resistance to buffer overflows, SQL injections, and various hacks. The information necessary for functioning is stored using database management systems Hazelcast, Oracle, etc. Thanks to the fact that Java runs on Unix-like OSes, security is further enhanced — these OSes are virtually free of viruses.
The payment solution is designed in such a way as to completely separate the user interface from the business logic. Processes associated with the interface are carried out in isolation, in separate threads. They cannot be interrupted by third-party actions. Features of the mechanism exclude entirely the possibility of incomplete transactions.
Registration and use
In order to create a NixMoney account, you only need to provide an email address and then come up with a password and username. Currencies and cryptocurrencies that are supported by the platform (each has a separate account):
- Bitcoin (BTC);
- Litecoin (LTC);
- Peercoin (PPC);
- Crypto.com Coin (CRO);
- Terracoin (FTC);
- U.S. dollar;
The client uses a standard cryptographic address when transferring cryptocurrency to the system, as on exchanges.
To increase security, activating 2FA (two-factor authentication, that is, requesting an additional code to enter your account) is recommended. This is done in the settings.
When transferring funds to another user, turning on the protection code is possible.
In this case, the possibility of an erroneous payment is excluded since a person can receive money only by entering the combination the sender tells him.
The main advantage of NixMoney, of course, is the anonymity of this service. To register, you just need to provide an email address; verification is not required. However, if you want to enable two-factor authentication, you will also need a phone number.
Depositing and withdrawing funds in NixMoney is possible through built-in exchangers; however, if there is no necessary payment direction, you can use third-party exchange offices. BestChange makes it possible to find suitable exchangers with NixMoney and choose the most profitable ones in terms of exchange rate, limits and other conditions.