There are many international money transfer providers in Romania. For example, the fast and cheap providers are Wise, Profee. The transfer cost will depend on the amount of the transaction and the specifics of the banks being dealt with. Most money transfer organizers allow you to receive and send money using transfers and card payments, some also accept cash.
Using a bank transfer to send money to Romania
International bank transfers in Romanian lei (RON) are the most popular method of sending money to Romania as they are safe, secure and convenient. However, you should take into account that the delivery time can be 1-2 days.
Possible additional transfer fees:
- Outgoing payment fee charged by the bank or money transfer system.
- Currency exchange rate surcharge if there is a conversion from foreign money.
- Sometimes, there is an additional fee for an incoming transfer.
A SWIFT / BIC code may be required to make a payment. Before sending money to Romania, make sure that the provider or bank does not charge hidden fees. To do this, read the terms and conditions in detail. Limits also matter. There are systems that provide the ability to make small transfers, and there are those that specialize in larger ones.
Romanian banks with accounts in lei (RON)
Examples of popular banks in Romania that allow you to open an account and receive send transfers:
- BRD. Part of the Société Générale group, before the takeover, it was known as Banca Română pentru Dezvoltare. Founded in 1923, based in Bucharest. It has more than 2.2 million customers and over 900 branches.
- Credit Europe Bank. Registered in the Netherlands, owned by the Turkish company FIBA Group. Specializes in corporate lending as well as retail banking and operates in many eurozone countries.
- Raiffeisen Bank. Institution that provides a full range of products and services to individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, and corporations in the Romanian market. It has 350+ branches on the country's territory, a network of ATMs and terminals, a mobile bank, etc.
We remind you that often, the most convenient way to make a bank transfer to RON is to use online exchangers.